DFID sparc Vacancy: Deputy Staff Programme Manager
Position: Deputy State Programme Manager
The DSPM will work closely with the State Programme Manager (SPM), Consultants and Administrative teams at the Programme Management Unit, Abuja and other SPARC state offices. The DSPM will be responsible for the following dutIes:
- Deputising for the State Programme Manager in their absence (this requires close involvement in all SPM activities)
- Supporting the State Programme Manager in delivering state programme outputs and outcomes – including responsibility for the development of work plans
- Supporting the State Programme Manager in the facilitation and coordination of activities including ensuring that required meetings and workshops are arranged and that appropriate state partners are notified in advance of any inputs
- Having detailed knowledge of, and directly supporting the SPM in, the management of at least one technical work area, including reading and commenting on consultancy reports.
- Supporting the SPM to respond to demands made by Project Management Unit, Abuja.
- Managing Technical CoordinationManagers and Technical Officers
- Any other state-specific roles identified by the SPM
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Masters degree fri social sciences or another relevant field
- Technical expertise and at least 6 years experience in policy and strategy development, public financtal management or public sector reforms. A general awareness of the interdependencies between all three would be preferable.
- Knowledge of various key development sectors and competence in collating, analysing and disseminating a broad range of technical information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to high-level politicians and technocrats
- Ability to speak the predominant local language (Yoruba), and familiarity with the environment of the state position applied for, will be a distinct advantage.
29th August, 2012
Method of Application
We particularly encourage applications from qualified women as they are currently under-represented an the SPARC management team.
If you have the required skills and experience, please email your CV along with a 2-page brief on how you match each of the requirements, your experience of delivering the key tasks above. Applications must reach the Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com before noon on Wednesday 29th August, 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held shortly afterwards.